Easy Home Treatment for Common Cold Sores
Cold sores are caused by the virus herpes simplex, another strain of which produces genital herpes. They may be the same virus, but they behave differently.
The cold sore virus may lie dormant in the tissues indefinitely until conditions trigger off an attack. Most people have acquired this virus at an early age from another person.
What triggers this virus to multiply and erupt?
- you feel a tingling sensation on the lips
- blisters come out on the lips
- cracks and sores in the corner of the mouth
- these remain moist and weep then form a crust for up to 10days before drying out
CAUTION – Highly contagious during this moist, weeping stage.
Aromatherapy oils from which to choose:
- rose geranium is my preferred oil
- tea tree
Apply neat on the skin using a clean cotton bud each application.
TIP : You can also apply freshly squeezed lemon juice at the first sign of the sore.
For other alternative remedies consult your local :
If you liked the above video, please click the like button on You Tube
For more useful health tips subscribe to my newsletter by clicking the green button at the top of this page