Bath time using aromatherapy for relaxation
Divine Bath Salts recipe to turn your ordinary bath into one with many healing benefits for you :
- reducing tension and anxiety
- calming the nervous system
- enhancing the removal of waste from the body
- clearing heat, fever and inflammation
- improving circulation of blood and lymph
- reducing aches and pains.
Indulge yourself. Love yourself enough to pamper yourself with a healing bath at least once a week!
Divine bath salts recipe
- 1 cup Epsom salts
- 6-8 drops pure essential oil
- 2 drop vegetable glycerine
- 1 drop natural food colouring
- Place all ingredients in a stainless steel or glass bowl.
- Mix well and add to bath
- You can make this recipe in larger amounts and store in a glass screw top jar away from direct sunlight.
- If you have aching muscles or joints add more Epsom salts (up to 1 kg) whilst keeping the amount of essential oils the same. Select the essential oils for this purpose – rosemary for aching muscles/black pepper, frankincense , Roman chamomile, eucalyptus or lavender .
- For very dry skin add 1 tablespoon sweet almond oil. Massage coconut oil on to warm skin directly after bath.
- Queen Cleopatra bathed in ass’s milk. Give yourself the Egyptian treatment and use full cream milk, cream, buttermilk, goats milk or honey in your bath. Your skin will look and feel fabulous.
Create a calm space for bathing
- Turn phone to silent.
- Light a beeswax candle.
- Put on your favorite music.
- Pick some flower petals from the garden and sprinkle on your bath water.
- have your robe ready for when you are finished.
- Have a fluffy large bath towel at your side.
- Hang a “Do not disturb” sign on the door.
Now you are ready to hop in. Only then place the bath salts in the water as you breathe in the delicious therapeutic perfume of the oils
Relax and luxuriate for 20 minutes or more!
Other pages of interest:
To receive a regular health newsletter subscribe at the top of this page on the right hand side