Aromatherapy oils to soothe headaches or treat wellness issues such as insomnia, lack of concentration, colds and flu.
Pulse Point Recipe
One drop pure essential to one ml carrier oil (five drops in one teaspoon). Blend oil, then use your pointer and second finger on each of the specific pulse points listed below:
- inner, upper arm
- neck at jugular vein
- Have 750 mls of water ready in a jug. Pour a glass and start drinking before you begin the pulse point treatment. Drink some between treating each pulse point.
- Apply pressure on each point.
- Hold for the count of three.
- Complete three circles clockwise, maintaining the pressure.
- Complete three circle anti clockwise still maintaining the pressure.
- Hold still with pressure for the count of three.
- Repeat on all four pulse points listed above
- Now finish by drinking remaining water
This is an easy , quick way to enable pure essential oils to enter the blood stream.
Recommended oils for different conditions
- Headaches: peppermint and lavender
- Insomnia: marjoram, lavender, chamomile
- Lack of concentration: peppermint, basil, rosemary, lemon
- Colds and flu: eucalyptus, ginger, tea tree
Caution If the condition persists see your health care practitioner.
Biblical reference to anointing oil
In biblical times “anointing oil ” was usually frankincense pure essential oil which was blended in olive oil as a carrier. It was often applied to the crown of the head.
“Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him anointing him with the oil in the name of the Lord.”
James 5 :14 The Bible (King James Version)
For more health tips please subscribe to the NatureHealth newsletter or YouTube channel by clicking on the right hand side of this page.