What is the difference between a relaxing bath and a therapeutic bath
A relaxing bath
- soak in warm to hot water for 30 – 45 minutes
- add Epsom salts and essential oils of choice
- listen to music for relaxation
- when you are finished towel dry and don your clothes for the day
- full hot bath
- drink a glass of water before your bath
- soak for only 15 – 20 minutes with Epsom salts and essential oils
- immediately out of the bath, lie yourself flat on the ground or on your bed completely covered with warm towels and dune for 20 minutes (you will perspire)
- take a warm shower, wash your hair
- still under the shower, turn hot tap off and stand for 5 minutes under cold water, moving all the time from head, to stomach, to back and sides
- dry yourself and don your clothes for the day, feeling terrific and energized
- drink another big glass of water
- Do not leave out the cold shower step or the 20 minutes lying flat after therapeutic bath step.
- Do not take this hot therapeutic bath if you have high blood pressure or heart condition.
Other pages of interest
- healing bath salts
- healing aromatherapy for the feet
- essential oils for baby and child care
- skin brushing for healthy skin and lymphatics
Subscribe to NatureHealth YouTube channel or the regular health newsletter at the top of this page on the right hand side.