Top 10 Immune Boosting tips :
1. De-stress: Stress activates the secretion of cortisol. This is a steroid hormone that is produced by the adrenal glands. This hormone suppresses the immune system.
2.Consume Natural Supplements: Understand why you need to supplement your diet. Our healthy food supply and soils have over the past 50 years been depleted by mass food production, chemical sprays and fertilizers, genetic engineering etc. Our food no longer delivers the daily nutrient requirement term
3. Eat A Well Balanced Diet: Eat foods rich in minerals and vitamins. Eat a healthy variety of organic fruit, vegetables, nuts and whole grains. Drink green tea every day. Drink 2 litres of quality filtered water daily to assist flush out toxins in your body.
4. Participate In Regular Exercise is vital as it ensures proper blood supply and reduces stress. Perspiring gets rid of accumulated toxins. Avoid excessive weight lifting.
5. Sleep Eight Hours Every Night: With enough sleep your immune cells and organs have time to revive, energize and rejuvenate.
6. Avoid Deadly Vices : Smoking, drug use and excessive consumption of alcohol. These all weaken your immune system and are capable of wrecking it completely, opening the gate for disease and infection.
7. Choose to Live a Happy Life – Be happy in your life as it is right now or make changes so you can say resoundingly say : ” I am totally happy with my life as it is right now, where I live, with whom I live and the work I do”.
8. Watch what you Eat and Drink – Eat organic where possible and cut out all forms of carbonated drinks.
9. Take Care of all Personal Hygiene Routines Daily – Mouth, ears and eyes especially
10. Be Conscious of the Quality Air you Breathe – Take time out in nature
Other self help tools to help you boost your immune system include:
- take care when in direct sunlight between 10am and 3pm
- laugh a lot daily and watch old and funny movies
- cleanse daily/ weekly
- take care during weather changes rug up warmly
- practice any form of Qigong daily
- do not hang around in a low vibrational state
- do things you enjoy often -come to the next NatureHealth Big Day Out
- avoid places where the air is polluted and there are toxic substances
What is the Immune System?
When your body is able to fight and destroy bacteria, toxins, viruses, yeast, fungi, among others, then you have a strong immune system. The immune system is not just an element of the body or part of it. It has several parts, tissues and cells:
- bone marrow and lymph nodes
- spleen, appendix and thymus,
- tonsils and adenoids
- There are various body organs responsible for white blood cell development.
( B-cells, T-cells, Macrophages, dendrite cells and natural killer cells).
This is like an army that is called to action to identify, hunt and destroy the unwanted and harmful elements in your body – very important in protecting the body against various diseases and infections.
SYMTOMS INDICATING A COMPROMISED IMMUNE SYSTEM
If you have or have had two or more of the following in past 12 months take steps to boost your immune system:
- frequent colds, coughs and influenza ,
- various infections and allergic reactions
- cancers, sores, herpes and tumors,
- swollen lymph nodes, diarrhea or fatigue,
- depression, insomnia and other illnesses.
Auto immune conditions for example MS, AIDS, Lupus, Chronic Fatigue and Fibro Myalgia, are a clear indication that your immune system in seriously depleted. Steps need to be taken to repair, improve and protect your immune system.
To receive my regular newsletter please click the green subscribe button at the top right hand side of this page.
The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet and the cause and prevention of disease.”