There are many forms of meditation. It can be a lifestyle choice when even weeding the garden or washing the dishes become a meditation.
Tips for walking meditation:
- walking in silence alone for about 10 minutes – stillness and motion harmonized
- focus only on the next step ahead of you – make each step as stable as a mountain
- allow the sounds and activities around you to flow over you like water
- do not get distracted – mind and body become tranquil and balanced
- take your mind in the breathe and walk slowly in a beautiful rhythm with nature
- be in the moment for every moment as you become one with your surroundings
- take time to feel the different vegetation around you – the movements are delicately balanced
- when you come to natures window stop and allow the guidance to drop in
- notice the colors with no judgment
Four ways you can benefit from this daily practice:
- calms your mind
- increases your creativity
- improves your health
- better sleep
Other pages of interest:
This is the challenge in Walking meditation:
- Can you keep breathing as you move?
- Can your depth and rate of breathing remain undisturbed?
- Can your heart beat remain calm slow and even?
“You need to find stillness amid the change. By staying centered and tranquil during activity you can retain this body-and remain in control during times of stress”
The way of Qigong by Kenneth S Cohen