Back pain affects over 80 percent of the population, it is the second leading cause of visits to the doctor and accounts for 90 percent absenteeism in the work place.
Your body is designed to heal itself, given the right environment. A good place to start is spinal awareness. You are never too old or too young to look after yourself with this gentle effective daily exercise.
Why do this easy exercise?
- it does more than just ease your back pain
- it helps your spine stay strong and flexible
Other preventative treatment options for a healthy spine:
- have a regular osteopathy / chiropractic check up
- do not lift things that are too heavy – ask for help
- do not twist whilst you are lifting anything
- regular Qigong /Tai Chi / Yoga keeps your spine supple and strong
- regular walking increases fitness
- swimming takes stress off joints
- quality sleep is essential
Some common causes of back pain:
- muscle spasm / strain /tension
- ligament injury
- raptured disk
There are three acupuncture points for general pain – Colon 4, Spleen 6 and Bladder 60.
If pain persists consult your medical doctor.
“Talk to the pain.
Ask why it is there?
What is its message for you?
Ask what you can do to make it feel better.
Listen for the answers
Pain is always a message.”
Self Healing by Louis Pronto
Other pages of interest:
Please subscribe to my regular newsletter or up to date health news from NatureHealth by clicking on the top right hand side of this page.