Why Should You Be Concerned About Air Pollution?
You could go days without food and hours without water, but you would last only a few minutes without air. You must have air to live. However, did you know that breathing polluted air can make you sick?
Indoor plants that remove toxic chemicals from the air you breathe:
- Bamboo Palm
- Boston fern
- Garden Mum
- Spider plant( Hen and Chickens)
- Aloe Vera
- Snake plant
- Peace lily
- Mother in Law’s Tongue
Some common toxic chemicals found in homes that the above listed plants can assist in purifying the air your breathe:
Air Pollution and Your Health:
- breathing polluted air can make your eyes and nose burn
- can irritate your throat
- make breathing difficult
- tiny airborne particles and ground level ozone can trigger respiratory problems
- air pollution can also aggravate health problems for the elderly
- air pollution can exacerbate heart diseases
- toxic chemicals released in the air such as benzene or vinyl chloride are highly toxic and can cause cancer, birth defects, long term injury to the lungs, as well as brain and nerve damage
- breathing in some chemicals can even cause death
- make their way up into the upper atmosphere
- cause a thinning of the protective ozone layer
- this leads to changes in the environment and dramatic increases in skin cancers and cataracts (eye damage).
- Throw out the plastic, silk, fake flowers and plants that adorn your indoor space and collect dust!
- Fill your home with healthy plants and fresh cut flowers.
Increase the sense of connectedness to nature by bringing some living plants and fresh cut flowers into your home
Bring living energy onto your home to cleanse and purify the air you breathe.
To receive more health tips subscribe to NatureHealth newsletter by clicking in the box on the right hand side of this page.