DRY SKIN BRUSHING
It is well known that the skin is the largest organ in the body, and is responsible for one-fourth of the body’s detoxification each day, also making it, one of the most important elimination organs!
Why skin brush?
Toxicity can gather beneath the skin’s surface from such common influences such as improper pH levels in body soaps and skin products, plus synthetic fibers worn next to the skin.
Benefits of skin brushing
- Increases lymphatic flow helping flush the system
- Strengthens the immune system
- Increases circulation in the skin
- Keep the pores of the skin open, encouraging your body’s discharge of metabolic wastes
- Improves ability to combat bacteria
- Helps your skin look and feel healthier and resilient
- Removes dry and dead skin
- Tightens skin
- Aids digestion
- Helps remove cellulite
- Increases cell renewal
How To Do Skin Brushing:
- Buy a natural, non-synthetic, long handled bristle brush or use skin brushing mittens.
- Brush skin before showering or bathing, at least once a day.
- Do NOT wet your skin. Having dry skin and a dry brush is essential for the best results.
- Use long stokes all over the body, always brushing towards the heart. Brush the soles of your feet first, because the nerve endings there affect your whole body. Next brush your ankles, calves, and thighs, then brush across the stomach and the buttocks and lastly brush your hands and up your arms.
- Do lighter strokes over and around your breasts, but do not brush the nipples.
- Brush each part of your body several times vigorously.
- Always skin brush upwards towards the heart.
- Do circular counter-clockwise strokes on your abdomen.
Now take a warm bath or shower, which should always be followed by a cool rinse at the end to invigorate blood circulation.
TIP : Wash your brushes every few weeks in water and allow to dry in the sun
Other pages of interest:
Call Margie on 0407187159 for a Manual Lymphatic Drainage Treatment to day
To receive my regular health newsletter click on the subscribe button on the right hand side of this page
“Steps to cure sickness in the body:
A quiet mind is a peaceful spirit. A peaceful spirit gives a peaceful body”
by Yoland Lim
Click this link to down load your LymphoMation PDF