I love muffins. They are so versatile . You can add whatever you have at the time. I have made this basic recipe more than 20 times and it is always different.
- * are the basic ingredients
- bold ingredients in italics are my suggested options for healthy muffins
- See list below of options to add in
*2 cups self raising flour or 2 cups almond flour
1 tsp organic ground cinnamon
*3/4 cup brown sugar or stevia/ honey/ maple syrup
pinch of salt or pinch Himalayan pink salt
1/3 cup walnuts chopped(plus extra for decorating)
*2 eggs lightly beaten or 4 organic free range eggs
2 medium golden delicious apples
100 mls butter milk or milk or coconut milk
150 mls rice bran / canola oil or 150ml coconut oil
(Please note when using almond flour and not self raising flour you need to use 4 /5 eggs )
- garnish with chia seeds
- replace walnuts with almonds or macadamia or pecan nuts
- add shredded coconut
- replace apples with blueberries. prunes or dates
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Line 12 muffin pans with baking paper
- put flour, cinnamon, and salt into large mixing bowl. Stir in stevia and walnuts
- Peel core and cut apples into 1 cm dice
- Stir apples through mixture
- Whisk eggs milk and oil in a jug
- Stir mixture into dry ingredients using metal spoon.
- Spoon into prepared pan. garnish with walnuts.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes till golden brown. Test with skewer.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes
- turn out onto wire rack. Serve warm.
TIP: They freeze most beautifully. from freezer to oven it only takes 10 minutes on 180 degrees F. Ready to serve the unexpected guest.
Most important just have fun, experiment, share with friends, nothing is right or wrong. Just deliciously different every time.
Other pages of interest:
For more recipes and health tips subscribe to my channel and newsletter at the top right hand side of this page