Healthy delicious bone broth
Kath says: ” it is made basically in the same way as any bone stock”
Easy basic steps:
- roast the bones ( chicken or beef or fish ) with root vegetables until all brown
- transfer all of the contents of the roasting pan to a large saucepan
- cover with cold water and simmer for as long as possible ( ideally at least 24 hours until the bones are mushy)
- along the way you can add aromatics such as celery, bay, rosemary
- what you are really wanting to do here is cook the bones long enough that they release their collagen, gelatin, minerals and protein into the broth
- some folks keep a broth simmering in their slow cooker All The Time !
For ongoing good health consume a litre or so per day.
- Store it in the fridge for up to one week, drink it straight, or add to soups and sauces.