Stop snails and slugs in their tracks!!
- Egg shells – rinse, dry, crush and sprinkle around stems
- DE (Diatomaceous Earth) – lightly sprinkle in the area of action
- Beer trap – bury recycled container to soil level, fill with beer to the brim, check daily replace beer
- Copper strip – staple strip to narrow boards and place around borders of garden
- Tobacco dust – sprinkle in affected area
- Coffee grindings – sprinkle in affected area around the stems
- Hand picking at night – Become “inspector snail” from 10pm at night with torch poised, hand pick to reduce populations
- Pawpaw/watermelon skins – when you have finished scooping out the fruit place upside down like a cup on the soil check “the trap “ daily
I do not recommend commercial slug and snail killers.