This is a beautiful routine – repeat six times to each side
- raise both arms above the head as you breathe in, as you slightly straighten the legs and arms – palms facing
- move weight to right leg bending the knees at the same time. Straighten the left leg lifting the heel off the ground so only sole and heel are touching
- arms lean from side to side as if painting a rainbow above your head, whilst you transfer the weight from right to left foot and pelvis moves opposite to hands.
- when left palm is over Baihui (crown) and right palm horizontal to the earth at almost shoulder height as you gaze into the palm of the right hand. Do the same on the other side
- as the whole body moves to the right breathe in and then breathe out as the whole body sways to the left in a smooth continuous motion.
- Hand movements should be coordinated with the breath, gentle and flowing.
- At no time during this routine should hand drop below shoulder height
Mental focus: Focus attention on Laogong (pericardium 8, in the palm of the hand )
As you shift weight from left to right with arms held above our head:
- Earth Qi is encouraged to be absorbed upwards beyond Dantian into stomach organ – Strengthening stomach and digestion. This exercise may relieve stomach ache.
- Qi will fill the heart and pericardium channels
As Laogong point in the palm of the hand is connecting and transmitting cool, calming Qi to Baihui point, on the top of the head it may reduce headaches.
Caution: Do not do this exercise if you have hot or clammy palms or a cold wind like feeling coming from the hands. Just repeat Shibashi No 1. raising the arms.
“With the mind circulate the breath manoeuvre the body,
Striving to make it follow compliantly
Then it can readily obey the mind.”
Wu Yuxiang (1812 – 80)
For the full routine of Basic Tiandi Qigong click this link so you can practice daily in the comfort of your home. Order your DVD today.
For full understanding of the basics of Qigong practice, click on the following link and buy your DVD today http://www.naturehealth.com.au/shop/