Repeat the following exercise six times.
- Stand naturally.
- Raise your arms straight up in front of you to chest height as you breathe in.
- Without pausing turn your palms to face each other.
- Continue breathing in as you open your arms to either side.
- Breathe out in one continuous breath, gathering the energy as you bring your hands back in front of you (shoulder-width apart).
- Then continue to lower your hands, with fingers facing the earth and palms facing behind you.
- Don’t open your arms so wide that your neck and upper back tighten.
- Keep elbows slightly bent throughout.
As you raise your arms to chest height, be open to the feeling of the blue sky travelling from Dantian up the middle of your body to your heart. As you open your arms, feel this radiant blue sky filling your lungs. On the out breath, allow the blue sky to wash over your health and lungs, flushing away and releasing any negative emotions.
- Beneficial for those suffering depression, insomnia and hypertension
- Strengthens the heart and lungs
” Its root is in the feet,
It is shot forth in the legs
Governed in the waist,
Formed in the hands.
From feet and legs and waist
It should always be entirely one breath.”
Wu Yuxiang (1812 – 80)
Practice Qigong every day in the comfort of your home order your DVD today.