Your lungs are an important reservoir for your Qi.
Your lungs can maintain their function better when they are healthy and strong. According to Daoist texts, the combined internal energies of your kidneys and lungs create the gold of health and enlightenment.
Benefits of activating your lung meridian include:
- increasing vitality by lowering metabolic rate
- relaxing the body
- slower and more regular heart beats
- quieting the mind as you focus on clearing the lungs.
Healing the lungs
Use abdominal breathing, as it is a more efficient way of breathing.
- When inhaling, drop the diaphragm and push the abdomen out, as the lungs expand completely and fill with air.
- As you exhale, breath out through the mouth and gently chant See -ahh.
- Repeat three times.
Abdominal breathing is emphasised in Qigong practice because it creates the most favourable conditions for you to absorb more oxygen and release more carbon dioxide.
Peak period of Visceral lung Qi: 3 a.m. – 5 a.m.
If you wake at this time and are restless or you are experiencing low vitality you might be suffering deficient or weak lung Qi. It’s time to activate your lungs.
Other pages of interest