Practising this easy Qigong routine may help prevent you from having a stroke.
Benefits of practising Qigong include:
- strengthening the heart muscle
- increasing stroke volume (amount of blood pumped from the left ventricle of the heart per beat)
- delivering more oxygen to the tissues
- carrying more waste products away
- lowering resting heart rate
- lowering blood pressure.
In a report “Effects of Qigong on preventing stroke and alleviating the multiple cerebro- cardiovascular risk factors”, Chinese researchers concluded: ” According to both our past and present investigation , we believe that Qigong plays a major role in improving the self regulation and alleviating of multiple cerebro-cardiovascular risk factors. ”
Practising Qigong daily can impact your health positively.
You can adopt some of these forms of practice:
“Qigong increases the volume of blood flowing to the brain, hands and feet and in the small capillaries throughout the body. The deep relaxation one achieves during Qigong practice causes the blood vessels to gently dilate, enabling them to carry more blood.”
From ‘The Way of Qigong’ by Kenneth Cohen