This exercise strengthens your kidneys, by expanding Qi into the chest.
Repeat six times.
- Stand naturally.
- Breathe in as you raise both arms and hands up to shoulder height.
- Breathe out as you lower arms and hands back to the sides, coming into horse posture.
- Imagine you are a big wild goose as you drop your wrists, which should feel totally relaxed and malleable. Your arms should feel like graceful wings.
Option: raise your heels as you inhale and lower as you exhale.
- Slow the breath, so your breathing does not become irregular.
- Let your body movement lead the arms.
Other pages of interest:
Please subscribe to my channel and newsletter at the top right-hand side of this page.
To practice Qigong in the comfort of your home purchase my Qigong DVD.
“First in the mind, afterwards in the body.
Abdomen relaxed, breath absorbed into the bones.
Spirit at ease, body at rest.
Constantly bear in mind and remember:
once in motion, everything in motion;
once at rest, everything at rest.”