Aloe Vera has been a home remedy for centuries. This plant is the most forgiving plant I know. Forget to water it or leave it in the sun it just keeps giving its healing properties asking for nothing in return.
Proven scientific evidence of Aloe Vera’s healing properties include:
- Overnight relief from pain
- healing children and infants from sunburn
- severe radiation burns healed in three months
- pain relief and healing from oral ulcers
- positive hair regrowth from seborrhea baldness
- effective against cancer and peptic ulcers
- retards fungus growth
- relieves dermatitis and acne
- helps in wound healing
Why does Aloe work?
Aloin is the name given to the mixture of active principals obtained from the juice, not the pulp of the aloe plant. It is a bitter, yellow powder. The main ingredients in Aloin is barbaloin. Different species of Aloe have varying amounts of barbaloin.
Reference: Aloe Vera Heals – The Scientific Facts Royal Publications Denver
Easy steps to making Aloe Vera Gel
- select a large fat leaf near the base of the plant
- gently pull it from the plant with a twist
- wash leaf and remove all prickly spikes both sides
- cut into manageable pockets
- slice as close to skin as possible removing it both sides
- check your gel pocket for any green patches and remove
- place one or two pockets in food processor and add a little filtered water and pulse till smooth.
You can add this gel to your breakfast protein shake, use as base for your foot scrub, rub on any skin to sooth any problem areas.
Click this link for more information on Aloe Vera – Herbs for Healing Page