Easy simple technique to activate your heart meridian
Nowhere is such LOVE felt more deeply than in the heart.
Chinese perspective of the heart
The heart is the King of all organs. This means that all your other organs always will sacrifice for your heart, giving their energy to help your heart maintain balance. Fluctuations of your emotions up and down damages your heart. That is why it is
important to keep your emotions in check to regulate your circulation. Your heart is often referred to as “the Ruler of Emotions” and the “House of the Spirit”.
Sound: “Kherr” / laughter
Color: ruby red
Season : summer
Harmful emotion: too much joy / excitement
Positive emotion: joy
Animal : the red Phoenix bird
Tips to nourish your heart:
- when practising your Qigong in summer, stand facing south and before your start just stand for a few minutes and honour the ” Southness” of summer with gratitude
- balance your fire element by going swimming in a cold, dark pool or stream
- wear red
- laugh a lot
Why activate your heart meridian?
By activating your heart meridian you you stimulate the heart channel which increases flow of heat, blood, and energy to heal the heart and other body organs.
Where is the heart meridian:
- it starts at the heart and runs to the
- armpits then
- down each arm
- coming out on the inside of the little finger
Two additional points to stimulate:
- Turn your left palm to face yourself. Take your right thumb nail and press deeply straight down on the first joint of the middle finger(pericardium point). It should hurt. Hold for 7 seconds and repeat three times. Do the same on the first joint of your baby finger (heart point).
- Now change hands and let the left thumb nail press the two points on the right hand. You can hold for a full minute if needs be. Must be the underside of your hand.
Easy exercise to heal your heart
- Sit in a comfortable position.
- Relax and breath deeply as you visualise your heart (where it is located and its size and shape).
- Breathe in fresh, clean, red Qi through the nose.
- Exhale toxins from the heart through your mouth, as you quietly chant the word “Kherr”.
- Repeat three times.
Click this link to purchase your Qigong DVD to practice in the comfort of your home
“Everything that appears in the physical realm is always connected with energy flow at the invisible level” – Nan Lu