In this exercise, imagine you are presenting a magnificent golden Qi ball as a gift.
Repeat six times on both sides.
- Stand naturally.
- Inhale as you turn and lift right palm upward to the left (slightly higher than your shoulder).
- Whilst moving the weight onto left leg, right leg stretches onto tiptoe. As an optional extra, you can very gently lift the toes and tap the ground.
- Exhale as you move back to centre and immediately shift weight to your right leg.
- Repeat sequence on the opposite side. Mirror actions on left.
- Let your breath naturally follow the movement.
- Keep both eyes focused on the palm (loagong point) of the hand that you are raising and lowering. You may be able to induce a state of self hypnosis.
- Helps balance blood pressure.
- Combats insomnia.
- Focus on the pores of your skin on the inside of your arms as you raise the golden Qi ball and on the underside as you lower the Qi ball.
- Feel the connection between heaven (laogong point in the centre of your palm) and earth (big toe), as if there were an elastic lifting your hand to heaven and anchoring your toe to mother earth.
Other pages of interest
For the full routine of Basic Tiandi Qigong order your DVD today.
“The power is as if relaxed,
About to open yet still unopened.
Power may be cut, the idea is not cut”
Wu Yuxiang (1812 – 1880)