Building and gathering Qi is freely available for everyone. Qi is God-given universal energy. Gathering it is easy, but requires daily practice. You need to do the basic exercise to feel Qi for at least 100 days before you start gathering any Qi for self healing.
The Chinese Secret of Self Healing
In a previous video we learned how to feel and work with Qi. Review this before you start self healing.
This technique is a gift shared with us by Chinese Qigong practitioners. How lucky we are to have this information to share with family and friends for better health and wellbeing.
Steps to self healing
- Activate the hands by rubbing till palms are warm. (Visualise the energy radiating from your fingers like swords and from the palms as a solid beam. It’s there, you just cannot see it, yet! )
- Select your area of pain, such as a shoulder injury, for self healing. Remember pain = blocked Qi.
- Brush over the area with your activated hands, with the intention of cleaning the area (like raking up leaves on the grass).
- Activate your hands again.
- Now with intention or even using an affirmation, such as “My shoulder is healed the pain is gone” use your fingers to pull off any pain, inflammation, blocked energy and stiffness. (Imagine you are pulling spaghetti from a dish as you do so.) Do that three or four times (or more if you feel there is more bad energy to be released) and drop it onto the earth.
- It is important that you have the intention of transforming the sick, sluggish ,grey, dirty Qi that you are pulling out of your body into positive Qi. Your intention in dropping it down is to nourish mother earth as compost.
- Activate the hands again.
- Now place your hands on the affected area, one hand over the other. Breathe in drawing in the healing universal energy through the crown of the head and the palms of your hands to flood the area in order to nourish, nurture, heal and repair.
- As you breath out, press your hands firmly on the affected area and visualise the last of the pain leaving the area as you open your mouth and breathe it out loudly.
- Do the last two steps at least three times each.
- Activate your hands for the last time as you now flood the area with warm healing energy. Again use the affirmation. Repeat nine times.
Always finish your healing session with a full body self massage.
This can include rubbing, tapping, pressing, gently kneading, pinching, light slapping or just resting your hands on your skin.
How wonderful do you feel now? Share this gift of healing with your family and friends.
All truths wait in all things,
They neither hasten their own delivery nor resist it.
They do not need the obstetric forceps of the surgeon,
The insignificant is as big to me as any,
(What is less or more than a touch?)
Walt Whitman, “Song of myself “
To practice Qigong in the comfort of your own home order your Qigong DVD today.