This exercise activates your brain and clears your head, improving your memory and wellness.
Repeat this exercise six times.
Have you ever watched the clouds parting? For this exercise imagine you are a cloud moving smoothly, lightly and effortlessly.
- Stand with knees slightly bent, feet hip distance apart.
- Rise up gently as you lift your arms above your head with your arms crossed in front of you and straighten your knees.
- Part your hands in front of your third eye.
- Descend as you bring your hands down to your sides, overlapping your hands in front of you.
- When checking posture, crown of your head should feel as if suspended by a thread to the sky.
- Breathe in on the upward movement, raising your heels off the ground slightly and breathe out on the downward movement, lowering your heels to the ground.
- Relax shoulders throughout.
- Focus your attention on Laogong (pericardium-8 in the middle of your palm).
- This exercise clears the head and awakens the brain, because the stimulation of the lungs increases oxygen to the blood. The blood is efficiently pumped up to the head because of the large upward movement of the arms. This, in turn, stimulates the brain.
- Useful in strengthening the legs and stimulating the kidneys.
Tips to enrich your brain
- Memorise anything using creativity, imagination, visualisation and mental images.
- Change to a high protein / low carbohydrate diet.
- Spend time in parks, on the seashore, mountains and open spaces.
- Obey brain rhythms and allow 20 minutes break for every 90 to 120 minutes of mental work.
- Silence saves your energy and increases brain power.
- Have periods of deep concentration.
Other pages of interest:
“If the spirit can be raised up,
Then there will be no danger of being slow and heavy.
Keeping the crown suspended.”
For the full routine of Basic Tiandi Qigong order your DVD today so you can practice in the comfort of your home.