Practicing a complete routine is based on the unity of these contradictions:
- yin and yang
- movement and stillness
- emptiness and fullness of breath
- strength and grace
- forwards and backwards
- upwards and downwards
- left and right
- where there is high, there is low
- energy in and out
- excitement and restraint of central nervous system
- raise and lower
- pull and push.
Ten points of Qigong activity that affect the nervous system
- Relaxing the top of the head.
- Withdrawing the chest whilst strengthening the back.
- Relaxing the waist.
- Distinguishing between fullness and emptiness.
- Dropping the shoulders and elbows downwards.
- Using intention rather than strength.
- Making the upper and lower parts of the body move in harmony.
- Coordinating the interior and exterior.
- Moving in a continues way.
- Seeking stillness in movement.
Main benefits to you
- Helps to relieve your stress levels.
- Improves your general health.
- Slows your physiological ageing process.
- Prevents you from being susceptible to disease.
- Stills both your mind and body.
- Emphasises relaxation.
- Responses will be sharper.
- Energy levels will increase.
- Nervous system will be strengthened.
Its form is like a hawk seizing a rabbit,
Its spirit is like a cat catching a mouse,
Its stillness is like a mountain peak,
In motion like the Yangtze and Yellow rivers.
Purchase your Basic Qigong DVD with meditations today so you can to practice in the comfort of your own home.