This great, mind-training exercise is perfect to start your daily Qi practice.
- Stand in basic Qigong posture with your kidneys facing the sun.
- Place the palms of your hands on your kidneys.
- Breathe in and visualize opening Ming Meng point (between the kidneys).
- Hold the breath as you circulate the warm golden sun energy in a figure of eight around each kidney, warming them. Repeat three times.
- Breathe out and visualise releasing all sluggish, stale, dirty, sick, painful energy down the legs and out through your K1 point under each foot.
- Repeat numbers 3, 4 and 5 at least three times. Slowly build up to nine times.
- Now with a final breath close the Ming Meng door.
- Calm Qi three times.
The Sun on the kidneys exercise:
- activates and warms the kidneys
- cleanses, as you release sluggish, painful and dirty Qi back to mother earth
- calms and relaxes you
- helps achieve strong kidney – strong body.
Keep your mind on the breath at all times, guiding the circulation of Qi.
Other pages of interest:
For more healthy exercises, enrol for my online Qigong classes.
Kidney Energy Clock – 5 p.m to 7 p.m.