This powerful Qigong exercise is excellent for kidney and bladder function.
- Stand naturally with your arms at your side with palms turned outwards.
- Breathe in as you circle your arms up from your side, up round over the top of your head (legs straight)
- Bend your knees as your breathe out bringing your arms forward and down
- Continue this cycle of inhalation and exhalation without breaking the natural flow of the arms out to the sides and up over the head and down again.
- This movement resembles the butter fly swimming stroke
- As you exhale strongly through the mouth, “throw” your arms forward(the momentum of your arms will carry them behind you)
- Imaging your are standing firmly rooted to the ground ankle deep in the surf
- As you raise your arms feel as though you are pulling the entire ocean in through the soles of your feet (Yongquan point – Kidney-1) sucking it up into your kidneys cleansing and cleaning, then nourishing.
- As you lower your arms the water washes through your body drawing from your feet fear, apprehension or timidity and transforming it into positive healing energy
- The repetitions of bending forward compresses the kidney and bladder, increasing circulation and blood through them, thus regulating your kidney’s water filtering function.
- Helps to combat stress by balancing the peripheral and autonomic nervous system. This occurs because the bladder channel in your back has an influence on the peripheral nerve roots and your autonomic nerve roots closely connected with the spine
- The adrenal glands(next to your kidneys) control adrenalin and other hormones also benefit from the bending forward and straightening up action.
- Lymphatic flow especially from the legs will also increase with this rhythmic action
Caution: If you have high blood pressure , recently eaten or have lower back issues, do not do the dynamic version. Reduce the repetitions and do not bend over as far(not more than 90 degrees).
Other pages of interest:
For the full routine of Basic Tiandi Qigong click this link so you can practice daily in the comfort of your home. Order your DVD today.
Follow the video. Tips and benefit will be published soon.