This dynamic exercise can be done on its own and better still in the routine of 18 exercises
Posture and Movements:
- raise you back heel as you move forward (exhale). Shift weight from front foot straightening your back leg as you extend your arms forward “pushing the waves”
- raise your front toes as you lean back (inhale) and bring your arms toward your chest “pulling the waves”
- repeat the cycle three times on each side
Keep you spine, head and neck in vertical alignment throughout the movement
Full attention on Laogong(Pericardium-8) in the palm of your hand with natural breathing.
- Imaging the waves washing over you, through you , loosening, cooling and transforming all tension in and anxiety in the body.
- Imagine you are absorbing energy and power from the sea. Imaging the wave power charging up your kidneys like the water power of a hydro electricity generator.
- excellent for kidney and bladder function
- transforms tensions and anxiety
- allows you to stand your ground or manifest your will
Other pages of interest:
“They are refining the body’s energy to create the gold of health and enlightenment, jing, is produced internally from the combined energies of the kidneys and the lungs. Anything that improves the health of these two organs will help increase the store of jing”
Ancient Daoist alchemical text