Exercise for Gathering Qi
- Stand with feet hip distance apart toes tucked slightly inwards.
- Check posture – pelvis tucked in, buttocks gently squeezed tight, chin pulled ever so slightly up and in to straighten the back of the neck with lower jar dropped and tongue resting on the roof of the mouth.
- Start with hands in prayer position (finger tips touching palms apart as if holding a ball between).
- Drop hands to the side and raise to shoulder height (drawing up earth energy) with palms facing the earth
- Now turn hands over and floating arms above the head stretching and gently gathering the Qi. (drawing on heavenly energy
- Then with palms facing downwards bring the heavenly energy into the body as you return to prayer position.
Repeat this cycle 9 times as peace settles into your entire being.
Rest with hands on Dan Tien taking three deep breaths (bellows breathing)
With regular daily practice enjoy:
- flexible joints
- training the palms to collect and give Qi (training the palms to be more sensitive).
- the three yin and three yang channels running down and down the body being activated.
“Old dead wood breaks.
Young branches full of sap bend.
So the stiff are followers of death.
And the supple are followers of life”
Routine by certified Tiandi Qigong teacher – Margie Hare – 0407 187 159