This is an easy exercise to stimulate your kidneys. Watch the video below for details.
Tips when you do this exercise
- Breathe in through the nose long deep and slow.
- Breathe out through the mouth, expelling all toxic and sluggish Qi.
- Do not force anything, bend only as far as is comfortable.
- Always bend your knees as you bend backwards with your chin on your chest.
Benefits of activating the kidneys include:
- warming the body with kidney energy
- engaging your energy system if you are feeling low or tired
- increasing longevity
- strengthening kidney energy
- retaining good hearing
- keeping teeth healthy
- strengthening nails
- keeping hair thick and healthy
- building strong bones and joints
- positive influence on the reproductive and renal systems.
Other simple things to do to activate the kidneys – repeat each one 36 times:
Commence each of these simple exercises by rubbing your hands together 36 times or until warm.
- Gently and lightly chatter the teeth together in a meditative fashion with the eyes closed, listening to the sound of your teeth
- Pound lightly with a loose fist under both feet on K1 point.
- Rub up and down on your back below the rib cage with lightly held fists. You should feel the warmth rising.
- Beat the heavenly drum, which means you place your palms over your ears, middle fingers on the base of your skull, whilst the second fingers beat from the middle fingers onto the skull.
“Kidneys store energy reserves. If you are tired, what did you spend your energy on?
Put yourself first.”
To practice Qigong in the comfort of your home purchase your basic Qigong DVD now.